Crop n Punch

THIS SITE HAS MOVED!

THIS SITE HAS MOVED!

PLEASE VISIT ME AT Crop'nPunch PhotogBlog and subscribe to the RSS or by Email at the new location.

Blast from the Past: 2002 - Colorado's Bishop Castle

I thought for sure I could go at least a couple days before posting the next Blast from the Past photos, but obviously I was wrong. I have so many fun pics to share from my pre-DSLR days that I just keep posting.

Today's is once again from our son's Senior "family" Trip. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first and second Blast from the Past entries.) On our way to Seattle, we drove through Colorado and just had to make a stop at a place we happened to literally stumble upon years prior. On one of our earlier spontaneous trips to Colorado when our son was around eight or nine years old, we were driving backroads near Colorado Springs and found a castle emerging in the mountain tops. We soon discovered that the stone tower facing us was the early phases of Bishop Castle. Check this out to find out more about this interesting place created by interesting people.

On this 2002 trip, we had to stop to see what progress had been made over the years. One of the most beautiful things I noticed was the stained glass windows. I'm so glad I snapped a shot of them so that I can now share them with you! If you are ever traveling through Colorado, near Colorado Springs, you must take a short drive and visit this unique and eccentric castle.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I actually made a similar photo last month. But its from a church's mural. The similarity is uncanny! ;)

Post a Comment